Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the road again...

I'm hoping it's the road to recovery... today was my last day of medicine!

Let's rewind back to Monday. I woke up Monday morning and immediately realized I wasn't going to work. I think I accidentally made myself sick combining my antibiotics, a dose and a half of my narcotic cough medicine and two glasses of wine. Even though I drank the wine over four hours I woke up with what felt like the worst hangover ever! I went straight back to bed still half soapy and wet from my half shower that I managed to take. Matt was nice enough to put Bailey on the bed for cuddle time before he left for work. Little did he know that us lazy bones would be in bed until 1:30. I tried to get up before then but each time had to run back to bed!

I finally had breakfast (or brunch) at 2:00. I had a slice of whole wheat toast with some apple butter and peanut butter, a Yo Plus yogurt and a large glass of water to rehydrate.

A couple hours later I was still weak and tired but managed to eat a snack. More fluids, pomegranate white tea, and the last two sweet potato oatmeal raisin cookies.

We got our monthly delivery of coconut water today. Perfect timing! I needed to be all the fluids I could get into my body! Did you know that a cup of coconut water contains more potassium than a banana?! It's the best, natural drink for electrolytes and rehydration. Matt and I have recently gotten into a habit of drinking coconut water instead of a sports drink. Only downside is that they are pretty expensive!

Matt picked up a rotisserie chicken on his way home for dinner. I mashed up our last Boston Organic delicata squash with some yogurt spread, raisins and a little brown sugar and made a slice of whole wheat garlic bread. I've discovered the best way to make garlic bread is to cut a clove of garlic and rub it on a hot piece of bread. The oils from the garlic seep into the toast! I then put a little olive oil or yogurt spread on the toast and sprinkle it with Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up Salt. Yum!

Shortly after dinner, I was starting to feel whole again, and decided I wanted a snack. More tea and a packet of SunBest Currant Raisin Biscuits.

To finish the night Matt made a big smoothie! I forgot to take a picture of my little cup of smoothie.

I was feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, at least compared to yesterday! When I got into the office I made myself breakfast. Oatmeal with a little pumpkin spice, flax seed and raisins. I rinsed down my last antibiotic with a big bottle of water and my coffee.

I am back into my routine. You can tell by my lunch. I had my typical lunch wrap, salad with chicken and herb blue cheese mustard. A side of Kettle Salt & Vinegar Chips and a yogurt. I really love my routine even though my sandwich may get boring every now and then!

I forgot to take pictures of my afternoon snacks. I had a big honey crisp apple (my favorite) before the gym. I completed my lower body, shoulders and tricep strength training session today. After the gym I had a kiwi and a cheese stick which was surprisingly enough to hold me over until dinner.

For dinner tonight I made this recipe that I've been dying to try, Turkey with Dumplings. Instead of turkey I used the rest of the rotisserie chicken from last night. I also halved the recipe. It came out delicious. Matt thought the sweet potato biscuit was a great substitute for his favorite drop biscuits. I call that a win! It looked pretty and with all the color from the veggies you know it's healthy! One serving fills you up and it's only 280 calories!

I'm now enjoying another cup of the pomegranate white tea and I'm about to go do another hour of work before I head to bed.

Back to the Goal Checklist!
Go to the gym -
Drink Water -
No Alcohol -
Get 7 hours of sleep -
Consume no more than 1550 calories -

No comments:

Post a Comment