Monday, April 19, 2010

Marthon Fundraising Event - YES!

Wednesday after work a group of my colleagues headed over to Penguin Pizza for a fundraising event. The event was raising money for my big boss' son who is running the Boston Marathon tomorrow for YES, Youth Enrichment Services in Boston. It was a great event! We all started with pizza and beer while we waited for additional food for the event to be prepared. Penguin has some of the best pizza and the best beer selection in the city! The table ordered an Aegean (four cheese blend, sliced tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese), a Bolognese (four cheese blend, portablla mushrooms and a homemade Bolognese meat sauce), and a Caribbean Jerk Shrimp (white pizza with jerk shrimp topped with fresh mango and pineapple salsa). I personally tried the Bolognese and the Aegean. They were both fantastic! I also had a couple of Grey Ladies which was a whitbier from Cisco Brewers that my boss recommended. One of my favorite dinners, beer and pizza!

My slice of Bolognese and a Grey Lady


My slice of Aegean


My colleagues


Me and my friend/colleague


The non-pizza food (mussels over spaghetti in a delicious beer and shallot sauce, pork tenderloin in a braised in beer, and a salad with fennel & citrus).


It was a delicious, fun night! I'm hoping it was also very successful financial event for YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment