Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Rest of the Week

Thursday night when Matt and I got home from work I was exhausted and it was late. Instead of starting to make dinner at 7:30 Matt saved the day by ordering Japanese from Zen. He got Chicken Katsu for himself and I got an Alaskan Maki Roll (salmon, avocado, and scallions). We got to eat before 8:00 and it was perfectly delicious! However, I was so tired that I forgot to take pictures.

Friday was a wonderful day! It was beautiful out and I finished the huge project that I've been working on for the last couple of months. To celebrate we had two of our friends over for dinner on our roof deck. We ordered two pizzas from Figs and I made a salad. Figs is my favorite place in the city to get pizza because their crust is thin and whole wheat! Always delicious!!! It was a great night! Again, I forgot to take pictures.

Saturday we came up to Ogunquit to visit Matt's parents for Easter weekend. Before we headed off to a wonderful Easter Vigil Mass at their church we enjoyed my mother-in-law's famous homemade spaghetti sauce. It's Matt's favorite dinner! Again, another perfect night but this time Matt remembered to grab my camera in time!


Then this morning, Easter Sunday, my mother-in-law made one of her famous breakfasts for us, orange croissant french toast. It was the perfect delight on this beautiful spring morning.


I've got to run. I'm making dinner for the family and I have to go put the vegetables into the oven. Wish me luck! This is the first holiday dinner I have ever made! Hope you're having a great day!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment