Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon

Yesterday was my first day back to reality... snow, work and cooking. The day started out miserable. We had the craziest cab driver bring us to work the "long" way. Then when we got to work we realized that we had ordered, and paid for, two breakfast sandwiches at Dunkin Donuts and only had received one. On top of it all it was no longer sunny and warm outside, it was snowing and cold! I miss Aruba!

After I had a little pity party I enjoyed a cup of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest and my coffee at my desk while catching up on my emails. Before I knew it I was enjoying a cafeteria salad with a friend from work while catching up on the past week's events in Boston, in Aruba and in the blog world.

After I finished up at the office I went to the gym. For the first time in almost two months I completed my HIIT training session! The first five minutes I ran at 5.0mph then I started my 30 second sprints. I completed six sprint sessions at 8.5mph with a minute in between each session back at 5.0mph. Then I had a five minute cool down at 5.0mph and then the treadmills 4 minute "cool down". I ended up completing 2 miles in 23 minutes and I was exhausted!

I was so tired when I got home I didn't even want to make dinner. However that left me with the option of not eating and starving or make dinner while dragging. Food won and I'm glad it did!

On my recipe agenda for the evening was Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon served with a sweet potato.


Lauren's review: Delicious and easy!!!
Matt's review: *wide eyes* YUM!
Final decision: It's a keeper! Into the recipe box it goes!

Then we finished out the evening with a bottle of Kenwood Zinfandel while watching a train wreck, also known as the Jersey Shore. It was a good, reliable bottle of Zinfandel and a disaster of a show... I love it!


Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon

Ingredients

2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
6 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 T fresh rosemary leaves, stripped from stems
3 T extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 T grill seasoning blend
1/2 c. dry white wine or chicken broth

Preheat oven to 450F. Arrange chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Add garlic, rosemary, EVOO, lemon zest and grill seasoning (or salt and pepper) to the dish. Toss and coat chicken with all the ingredients then place in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices. Return to the oven and turn the oven off. Let stand for 5 minutes longer then remove and serve, spooning juices over the chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment