Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oven "Fried" Parmesan Chicken

After the first day back to work I was exhausted. I'm not cut out for an 8 hour work day after a week off! ;o)

I'm still getting back into the swing of picture taking, again, so I forgot to photograph breakfast and lunch. They were boring anyway. Breakfast was a cup full of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal. Lunch consisted of sliced chicken breast, yellow mustard and American cheese on a slice of whole wheat bread complimented by a serving of pretzels and a tangerine. Boring!

For dinner I made my second new recipe, Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken with a salad on the side. The salad had romaine lettuce, carrots, pear, almond slices, roasted red peppers and balsamic vinegar. Dinner was delicious!

Matt's recipe review: *wide eyes* YUM!
Lauren's recipe review: Tender, flavorful and easy! A great substitute for when we're craving (evil) fried chicken!
Final decision: Into the recipe box you go!


While we ate dinner Matt decanted a bottle of wine for the evening. Klinker Brick is his favorite! It's very fruit forward zinfandel with a touch of pepper and licorice flavors. Decanting the wine took away some of the alcohol bite that you get on the back of your palette. Yum! It complimented the rest of my evening which consisted of making chocolate turtles and chocolate covered pretzel rods for my colleagues as late holiday gifts.


Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent the chocolate on pretzel rods from pooling on the tray while it dries? I always end up with a flat side to my pretzels, not perfectly round like others I've seen. Any suggestions for next year would be greatly appreciated!!

According to Sparkpeople, my caloric intake was almost 1400 calories for the day. It was a pretty good day! The image isn't perfect but you get the idea from the below:



CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
Totals: 1,373 143 38 94
Your Daily Goal: 1,200 - 1,550 163 - 236 32 - 56 60 - 127
Remaining Today: 0 - 177 20 - 93 0 - 18 0 - 33


Anyway, the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 c. dry bread crumbs (I used seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. garlic salt
grind of black pepper
2 T. chopped parsley
4 T. butter/margarine
3 lbs. chicken cut into pieces (I use chicken breasts)

Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and parsley. In a pan over medium heat melt the butter. Dip the chicken in melted butter butter and roll in breadcrumb mixture. Place skin side upon a lightly oiled baking pan arranging pieces so they're not touching. Bake for an hour or until chicken is cooked through.

*note: I used two boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I cut into half. I could have/should have halved the ingredients! I only had to bake them for 30 minutes and then used the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp up the chicken a little bit. But keep an eye on it, it burns quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment