Saturday, January 23, 2010

Orange Roughy with Basil & Lemon

If there is one distinctive difference between Matt and my taste buds it's that he can't stomach seafood and I love it! So with Matt on a business trip I decided that I am going to try some of my seafood recipes. Thursday night my next door neighbor, and friend, came over for dinner and to catch up on the last season of Project Runway.

I decided on making "Orange Roughy with Basil and Lemon" served with brown rice and steamed broccoli. My fish market didn't have Orange Roughy. Luckily, I had done some research into alternative fish before going to the market because I haven't seen Orange Roughy before. After talking to a couple of people and reading online I decided to go with Tilapia.

My neighbor brought over a delicious arugula salad. It was perfectly simple with a lemon juice and olive oil vinaigrette and Parmigiano-Reggiano shredded cheese on top. YUM! It was the perfect compliment to dinner.


The fish recipe was simple and delicious. It allowed the freshness of the fish to stand out. A perfect meal for a warm summer night. Too bad it's the middle of COLD winter here in Boston!


We both agreed that this recipe was a keeper!

For dessert we each had two scoops of my favorite low fat yogurt, Stoneyfield's Organic Minty Chocolate Chip. It's chocolate frozen yogurt with dark chocolate chips and a hint of mint. It's delicious! Sorry the picture is so fuzzy!

The rest of the night was great! We caught up on two episodes of Project Runway and now we need to just watch the last two finale episodes then we can start watching this season.

Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did!

Orange Roughy with Basil & Lemon

Ingredients:
3 T. butter softened
1/2 t. dried basil leaves
1/2 t. lemon pepper
3/4 lb. orange roughy, or any other white fish, fillets
4 lemon slices

Turn on broiler. In a small bowl stir together butter, basil and lemon pepper. Place fillets on a greased broiler pan. Spread half of the butter mixture over the top side of the fillets.
Place the fish 5-8 inches from the broiler and cook for 5 minutes. Turn fillets over and top with remaining butter mixture and lemon slices. Continue broiling until fish flakes with a fork, about another 5-6 minutes.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment