Thursday, May 27, 2010

Funday Sunday

Even though last Sunday flew by it was fantastic. It all started with breakfast. I made scrambled eggs and heated up a couple of Eggo waffles while Matt contributed Dunkin Donuts coffee and a donut. While we ate breakfast we started the Grey's Anatomy season finale. WOW is all I have to say! The finale was incredible! I think I cried the entire two hours. Once my eyes dried off and my face was back to normal I decided to go for a run.

Saturday I had tried to go for a run along the Esplanade only to discover a big festival along the river so my run turned into a slow "high intensity interval session", stopping and going around Boston. I was hoping Sunday's run would make up for Saturday's. For those of you who don't know I am not a runner but last year decided I wanted to be so I started training for a half marathon last year. My longest run ended up being 5 miles. I have always had issues with my knees but during my 5 mile run I bent down to itch my knee and felt a snap which was followed by a lot of pain. I shouldn't have but I pushed through the last half mile after the pop and I think I really hurt myself. I went in to my doctors office to see about a brace, exercise recommendations or to get a "prescription" to a physical therapist. What my doctor ended up telling me was that "some people just aren't built for running" and there was nothing I could do but stop running or hurt myself further. I went home and cried. The race I had signed up for came and went. I was still not running and was very bummed about it. After the encouragement of fellow blog runners, Caitlin and Betsy, found a physical therapist and set up appointments back in April. After seeing my therapist at Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine twice a week for almost 7 weeks I have been able to run pain-free. Sunday my beautiful run took me the farthest I have been since my injury, 3.5 miles! I know it's not a lot but it was a huge accomplishment for me. I was so happy! I know it has nothing to do with food but I had to share!

I took a quick shower after my run then headed down to Whole Foods to grab some essentials for our Lost series finale party that I was having with me, myself, and Matt. Dinner was a homemade pepperoni, jalapeno, and red pepper pizza. Then after the first two hour special we took a break and had dessert before starting the finale. I decided we should have something tropically inspired so I made a sorbet sundae. Mango sorbet with strawberries, kiwi, and coconut. Perfect for our little Lost party!


Regarding the Lost finale... was anyone else slightly disappointed with it!? I thought everything was going great until probably the last 30 minutes then it all went downhill. I expected more from these great writers! I may have thrown a little temper tantrum. Oh well...

I couldn't have asked for a better Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment