Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Wedding Weekend

Last Friday I worked from home so I could take a half day so that I was done with my work I could immediately start packing. I had to pack for Matt and me for our wedding weekend in Maine and my upcoming trip to Washington, D.C. I managed to finish my work right around 2PM which left me enough just enough time to pack before Matt picked me and Bailey up at 3:00. Needless to say, I left Matt with a very messy home. Sorry honey!

We got up to Maine just in time to say hello and good-bye to Matt's parents. They were off to a dinner party and we had to hurry to the rehearsal dinner.

The rehearsal dinner at Johnathan's Restaurant was for our friends, Art and Meghan, who we visited in Orlando in February (post here). The groom's parents made the evening a lovely night to celebrate their love with their family and friends.

Appetizer table

The beautiful rehearsal dinner cake


Our name "plates" - Art is the only person that calls my husband Matty

A top down view of our baskets which held delicious chocolate eggs

My dinner - salmon

Matt's dinner - the biggest slab of meat we have ever seen, aka prime rib

After the rehearsal dinner we went home changed into warmer clothes so we could join the group sitting ocean side by a fire pit. It was a beautiful, chilly evening!

Saturday morning we woke up to the smell of a campfire in our B&B room. Oops! I guess we were too close to the smoke. We quickly showered the smell out and changed into our wedding attire. It was the most perfect day for an early afternoon April wedding at the Clay Hill Farm Restaurant! They couldn't have asked for better weather! I spent most of the wedding with a drink in my hand sitting on the restaurant porch in the sun. Perfection! But before we get to sitting on the porch there is the ceremony...

The cutest flower girls

The beautiful bride walking down the aisle with her dad


And they're married! Hooray! I never thought I would see the day that Art got married... and then he met Meghan! Storybook ending! *tear*

Now on to the reception...

First a delicious sweet and savory salad

Stuffed haddock for my entree

The beautiful wedding cake

Cutting the cake

Like I said I spent the rest of the day on the restaurant's porch with a glass of Four Vines Naked Chardonnay, which proceeded a Bloody Mary and a local stout beer. It was a beautiful wedding and a fantastic day!

After the wedding we went back to my in-laws for my birthday dinner. My mother-in-law made homemade meatballs and sauce for spaghetti (of course I forgot to take a photo) with a delicious salad and garlic bread!

My birthday dessert was local mint chocolate chip ice cream and a slice of apple pie.

After dinner we went back out to meet up with the wedding party at Five-O Restaurant for a drink or two. While we were there Art & Meghan's were kind enough (I wish I could capture sarcasm in text) to sing Happy Birthday to me. Thanks all (again sarcasm... I hate that song)! After drinks at Five-O we all proceeded to go back to the fire pit from the night before. We had to call it a night shortly after because I needed some sleep before my trip Sunday afternoon. We had such a great weekend meeting great new friends while we all celebrated the marriage of two great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment