Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In Between...

Wow, I'm not sure where to start! So much has happened in a week!

Well, back to the beginning... last Wednesday!

Wednesday my department celebrated two birthdays at The Field. We all shared buffalo tenders for an appetizer and then I shared a cheeseburger with one of my friends. In addition to all this yummy pub grub I had my favorite Irish beer, Murphy's! It was a great celebratory lunch!


After work Matt and I decided to go out to the Natick Collection to peruse before our trip. I found a new favorite store, Martin + Osa, and got a bag of goodies that were all on sale! I think Matt got a shirt there too but his purchases aren't important! After shopping we were starving. We decided to go visit our friend, Betsy, at her fun money job working as a server at The Met. Matt and I each ordered a glass of red wine then we split a half order of ravioli and a cobb salad. The sauce that the ravioli in was phenomenal. It was the perfect dinner for the two of us!

Thursday morning I had to go to work for a half-day training. I was the first one there so I had prime choice from the breakfast platter. Hahaha. I ended up eating two-thirds of a cinnamon raisin bagel with lite cream cheese, a banana, and a much needed coffee from Dunkin Donuts.


I had to leave my training a little early so that Matt and I could get to the airport on time for our flight to Orlando. We made it through security shortly after 1:00pm which was just enough time for us to sit down and have a little lunch at the Harpoon Tap Room. We both got the unfiltered IPA and a sandwich. I ate half of my buffalo chicken wrap and all of my potato chips. There's nothing better than a beer with potato chips!

We arrived in Orlando around 7PM. Our friend Art and Meghan were kind enough to have us as visitors for the weekend. They picked us up at the airport and we went back to their house. Had an amazing glass of wine (the first of many to come) and then headed out to dinner at Spice. Art and I shared Tuna Wontons to start. Then I had a greek mahi wrap with sweet potato fries. Last but not least we got a tiramisu for us all to share. I had two little bites. After getting stuffed on food we went back to their house to consume more wine and catch up!


Apparently, I drank too much wine because I woke up feeling awful Friday morning. To save me from my creeping hangover we immediately ran out to breakfast. Thank God for Cracker Barrel! I had the largest breakfast ever:

Smokehouse Breakfast®

Two Eggs* cooked to order with Grits, Sawmill Gravy, Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits, real Butter and the best Preserves, Jam n’ Apple Butter (on request) we could find. Your choice of Smoked Sausage Patties, Turkey Sausage Patties or Thick Sliced Bacon.



I ate almost everything! I had both eggs, half of my bacon, grits and 1.5 biscuits (sans gravy). Add the 5 glasses of iced tea and I was back to normal in no time! After Cracker Barrel we found our way wandering around a mall. I ended up with a couple of cute things for the spring in Boston... whenever it comes...

We met back up with Art and Meghan after they got out of work. Dinner for our second evening was sushi! They took us to this awesome place, Wazzabi!

This is us out on their patio drinking wine and waiting for a table.


And the newly engaged couple, Art & Meghan! Aren't they cute?!


Dinner that night was a beautiful selection of sushi and edamame.


After dinner we all had some more wine at home and enjoyed a viewing of Inglorious Basterds
which is my husband's favorite movie!

The next morning our friends took us to one of their favorite brunch spots, Dexters. Matt and I split the Dexters Benedict and the Malted Belgian Waffle. Both were amazing!!!



In addition to the delicious meals I had the most amazing Bloody Mary. I wish we lived in Orlando just so I could come back to Dexters!


After breakfast we all headed over to the Harry P. Leu Botanical Gardens for the day. The property was beautiful even with all the flowers being dead from their recent freeze. It was a great day of strolling around a beautiful park and the historic home on the property. While we were there there was also a wedding that you can see set up in one of my pictures.





After our long walk through the park we headed to Harmoni for a late snack. Matt and I shared the Mediterranean Nachos which were pitas with Red Pepper Hummus, Spicy Tzatziki, Salsa, Kalamata Olives, and Feta. Yum! They were heavenly! I could have eaten the whole thing by myself.


After our snack we went to their local YMCA for a quick workout. Their gym was amazing and had more than enough equipment for me to get through my bicep, chest and calf strength training. It was a beautiful gym!

After showering we headed out for an evening Planetarium event, Cocktails and Kosmos. We got to see Mars, Orion's belt and the moon through three different telescopes. It was very cool!

After our star gazing we went to a late dinner at Funky Monkey. I decided that it was too late to have something heavy so I opted for a spinach salad and crab bisque.



Then for dessert we all shared a chocolate waffle bread pudding. It may have been my favorite part of my meal!? But dessert typically is my favorite part of any meal!


The next morning Art made us a great breakfast at home. After breakfast we shopped around the outlets for a little while. Around dinner time we said our good byes to our friends and went to check Matt into his hotel for his conference.

Matt and I decided to have one last romantic dinner before I flew back to Boston and he stayed in Orlando. The restaurant at the hotel, The Boheme, looked great! The food was not good and the service was even worse but here are some pictures of our meal at The Boheme.

Interesting menus:

A Tanqueray Rangpur Martini to start:


My favorite part of the meal. Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer:


Matt's disappointing risotto:


My salmon was okay:


Me:


Future advice to myself, don't eat in your hotel's restaurant. Do some searching and find another restaurant!

After dinner we met up with Matt's colleague's at Piper's for a beer and to watch USA destroy the Canadians... It was a great hockey game and a great bar!

The next morning I had a very early breakfast with Matt and then headed for Orlando airport back to Boston. I was bummed but it was all better when I got home. I had a gift from Foodbuzz! I apparently won a panini grill from Krups! So in addition to Bailey's happy face when I came home I had a new toy too! Hooray! I can't wait to try this out!


Well that's it! If you were able to keep up I'm impressed! I'm now off to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment