Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trip to Quincy and Work, Work & More Work....

Thursday after work Matt and I took the T down to Quincy to visit our friend's new baby boy! We wanted to bring the family dinner so that they didn't have to worry about being anything but new parents. Luckily my friend Betsy grew up in Quincy and had some great suggestions for me!

On the walk from the T station to their home we stopped at Gypsy Kitchen to pick up a bottle of wine and 4-pack of Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA. It was such a cute little shop! They had a great variety of beer, wine, cheese, sauces, meats and chocolates! I wish we lived closer so I could explore it some more!

While at Gypsy Kitchen I called Schoolhouse Pizza to order dinner for the adults. We got a large cheese pizza, an order of garlic knots and a tomato, basil & mozzarella salad. I was so impressed that the mozzarella was homemade! It was definitely a good choice! I was too busy taking photos of the new baby to remember to take photos of our dinner.

Precious baby boy
Mommy, baby and the his two protective sisters


Friday was another busy day at work. However, my department took the time to go out for lunch at our favorite sub shop, Dimitrios. I wasn't very hungry and only ended up eating about 1/3 of my tuna salad even though it was delicious!


More work.... then another little break. Ran to Starbucks with Betsy for a little jolt of caffeine to get us through the rest of the day. Betsy ordered a Mocha Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee. I had never had one and it sounded delicious. I ended up trying the Java Chip Frappuccino. It was delicious however I just looked up the nutritional information. If I had just copied Betsy I would have saved myself 60 calories. Eh! It was good! I liked my extra 60 calories!


Even with all the progress that I made throughout the week I still ended up bringing home a stack of work! At least it's a three day weekend and I love my job!


I don't mind. I'm just going to go find myself a cupcake and everything will be all better!

No comments:

Post a Comment