Thursday, February 25, 2010

Linguine with Shrimp and White Wine

Last night I stopped by Whole Foods on my way home from a long day of work! While there I decided to try some local Maine shrimp. This meant peeling and deveining shrimp for the first time. After watching a video online I was ready to cook!

On the menu for the evening Linguine with Shrimp and White Wine courtesy of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food, September 2009. First I had to peel and devein. I think I did a good job. What do you think?!


This was my final dinner, the pasta, a V8 for my veggies and an Amstel Light.


After dinner my friend (and neighbor) stopped by and invited me over to her condo for yoga and sleepy time tea before bed. It ended up being a great although late night.

Lauren's review: It was okay but my last shrimp dinner was much better.
Matt's review: Shrimp?! I'm glad I was in Orlando!
Final decision: Trash it!

Linguine with Shrimp and White Wine

Ingredients

coarse salt and ground pepper
2 ounces linguine (about a 1/2-inch-wide handful)
1 T cold butter, cut into pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
red-pepper flakes
1/3 c dry white wine
1/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 t fresh lemon juice
fresh parsley leaves for garnish

Serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment