Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Friday Night in Maine

Last Friday was a bad day. After working all day on a time-sensitive document I accidentally over-wrote it and it was unrecoverable. Ahhh! I definitely needed something to look forward to. Luckily, Matt and I drove up to Maine after my hellish work day to visit with his parents and pick up our puppy! They had been watching Bailey for us since our Chicago trip. A week without him is a LONG time! After being greeted by Bailey's welcome ceremony my misery disappeared! My in-laws even made the night better by telling us we were going out for Thai for dinner! My second favorite Thai restaurant is Mekhong Thai in Wells.

I thought their straw design was too much fun not to share


Salad with yummy ginger dressing


Spring rolls for the table


Then my entree, drunken noodles which is a "spicy noodle dish. Pan fried rice noodles with your choice of meat, eggs, onions, broccoli, carrots, red pepper, bamboo shoots, basil leaves and a spicy chili paste". It was meatless Friday so I got shrimp! I have never had drunken noodles before but I will definitely be having them again! YUM!


My day was all better by the end of dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment