Monday, March 29, 2010

Wine & Dine Weekend at 16 Beach Street

Friday after work Matt and I rushed up to my in-laws fully booked B&B to coordinate a "Wine and Dine" weekend. I forgot to take pictures of most of my food from the weekend but I did remember to take a ton of photos of all of our hard work with the wine tasting.

Friday night was a seated dinner catered by both my mother-in-law and their favorite restaurant in town, The Front Porch:
New England Clam Chowder
Salad
Assorted Flatbreads
Ice Cream Sundae
White or Red wine to accompany the meal

Saturday morning my mother-in-law treated all of her guests to my personal favorite of her breakfasts, Blueberry Morning.


After breakfast Matt and I ran down to the Kittery Outlets for a couple of errands. We came back to Ogunquit with new white bowls for my kitchen and some, much needed, socks for Matt. I think I got the better bag of goodies for the day.

When we got back to the inn it was time to set up the wine tasting.

Matt arranged the wine tasting to be a blind wine tasting which tested the wine tasters palette by making them determine which three red grape varietals were there and which of each pair of wines from the same grape varietal was the more expensive bottle. The guest had little tasting cards to write down their notes and I had assembled some general descriptions for the different red wine.


Matt's details:

Matt hand stamped and created the "wine glass stain" on the front of the tasting notes


The back of the tasting cards he hand stamped, our location, Ogunquit


Then he hand stamped a monkey and a word commonly used to describe wine. The monkey, Pleepleus, was in honor of our favorite drinking show, Three Sheets with Zane Lamprey. He brings a little stuffed monkey named Pleepleus around the world with him so he never drinks alone.


All the details put together this final product


All of the guests listening intently on how the tasting was going to be run


The wine tasting was a hit and so much fun!

After the wine tasting we went to church to watch my father-in-law sing in their Easter Cantata. After the wonderful cantata when went to Kennebunkport to eat at Alisson's Restaurant. I got a salad with calamari, pepperocini and feta. I ended up eating the salad and the calamari separately.

The next morning my mother-in-law made DELICIOUS eggs in a puff pastry topped with mushrooms and tomatoes with a side of bacon. I didn't take a picture because I was so excited to eat it that my brain couldn't remember where my camera was! Later that day we said our good byes and headed back to Beantown. By the time we got home it was too late to create my meal list and go grocery shopping so I improved with what was in the house. We ended up with whole wheat rigatoni with chicken sausage in a marinara sauce sprinkled with asiago and parmesan cheese. Easy and tasty!

It was a great weekend! We had so much fun running the wine tasting for such a cool group of people! We have four scheduled for next year and we're hoping they all come again!

2 comments: