Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sean Patrick D's Birthday on St. Patty's Day!

We hung out with two of our friends on St. Patty's day last Wednesday. It was Sean Patrick D's birthday on St. Patty's Day. We had to celebrate! After work we met up with a little crowd down the street for an Irish beer, Smithwicks for me, at the Asgard.

This old photo from a Red Sox game is a perfect example of how much I love Smithwicks.


Then Matt and I rushed home after our beer to freshen up before dinner and to take Bailey out real quick. Then we reconvened with our friend Sean and his beautiful wife for dinner at Toscano. We were all pleasantly surprised when we remembered it was Restaurant Week in Boston. For $33 we had three full-size delicious and filling Italian courses. Yum!

To start (no pictures) Matt had the Caprese salad and I had the Insalata Caterina (Baby Field Greens, Anchovies, Black Olives, Capers, and Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette). I thought I would be adventurous and try anchovies. I tried them but I am not a fan. Yuck! I appreciate and enjoy anchovies in sauces and dressing but I don't like them whole! Ick! Matt was kind enough to give me a bite of his caprese to cleanse my palate.

For dinner I ordered the risotto with crab, tomatoes and shellfish stock. It was very good but I barely put a dent in it. The entree was huge and I had to save room for dessert!


My friend's were kind enough to take photos of their entrees as well as letting me have a bite of each... lucky me getting to try them all so I can report back to my blog!

First, the birthday boy's steak which was cooked to perfection and delicious!


Next was my friend's scallops. Again, perfectly cooked!


For some reason I don't have a picture of Matt's dinner which was Stuffed Chicken Breast with prosciutto, fontina, and tomato cream. His was very tasty too. In the end I think I liked mine or the steak the best. It was a tie.

For dessert I had the pistachio gelato which was good but not as good as the one I had in Salt Lake City.


I made Matt get the blueberry white chocolate tart because I couldn't decide between the two. I'm so lucky he loves me because it was better than my gelato. Keep in mind that I finished off my gelato and probably had about half of the tart. What can I say?! I like dessert! I also don't have it very often. It's okay to indulge every now and then. Right?!


I was so happy that we got to celebrate St. Patrick's day with good food and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment