Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Skiing and Sushi

To continue the story of skiing at Alta I have more photos!

Where we rented our ski equipment.

A view of the base


Crazy chair lift shots




The three colleagues skiing Alta


At the end of the day we had skied three black diamond and probably 8 blue square runs. I fell once going down a un-groomed, powder slope. My skis didn't want to turn in the deep powder. Oops!

After skiing our bodies to exhaustion we said goodbye to my friend who was staying on the mountain with her family and then headed back downtown.

Once we got downtown we went to a sushi restaurant that I tried to get to all week long, Naked Fish. They had been written up in the same magazine as Cucina Toscana as the best sushi restaurant in the city. My colleague and I shared a couple of rolls prepared by the owner who was quick to inform us that he is not the head sushi chef. The restaurant had actually been closed but he said if we were patient he could make us a couple of rolls. I'm glad we decided to stay because the sushi was amazing!

I was so excited to eat that I forgot to take photos of our first two rolls until they were almost gone.

Rainbow roll which is a California roll topped with salmon, tuna, and halibut.


Playboy roll which had shrimp tempura in the middle and was topped with tuna, avocado, ponzo sauce and spicy mayo. I hope I remembered it correctly. It was my favorite!!


The owner was kind enough to let us try two dishes on the house. The first was fresh, as in alive at the sushi bar, sweet shrimp. I was a little creeped out by the moving heads but the tail meat was sweet and tender. They then took the heads back to the kitchen and friend them up. I didn't eat a head. I let my colleague have ours.


There were two sushi dishes that I didn't remember to photograph. One was a bite size sushi topped with golden snapper. The other was another maki roll that I can't remember what was in it other than some sort of fish, tempura jalapenos and cilantro. I do remember that it was tasty!

That was my week in Salt Lake City. Full of exercising, learning, and eating! I couldn't have asked for a better week. I just wish my flight back to Boston didn't have to leave at 1AM. Oh well, it allowed me to get back home, repack, and catch a flight to Chicago to visit Matt's sister and brother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment