Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Presto Chicken

Dinner on Monday night was Presto Chicken, originally from a Paul Newman salad dressing bottle. I had planned on making this for dinner Sunday night when we got home from Ogunquit but hadn't accounted for the step "marinate for 1 hour". By the time we got home and settled it was 8:00PM and there was NO way I was waiting until 9 to make dinner. As you know, I made a chicken sausage pasta dish on the fly instead. While Sunday's dinner was under way I still put the chicken breast into the Italian dressing to marinate over night. Needless to say the chicken was delicious! It had soaked up all the good flavors from my Paul Newman's Italian dressing! Accompanying my chicken was my first attempt at mashed cauliflower. I boiled a head of cauliflower for 12 minutes and then mashed it with a tablespoon of butter, a splash of milk, garlic powder, salt & pepper. It was really good! Maybe even better than my mashed potatoes?!

Lauren's review: Both the mashed cauliflower and the chicken were easy and delicious! My two favorite descriptions for some of my favorite recipes!
Matt's review: This was really good! I loved them both! Blown away at how good mashed cauliflower tastes! *That's a lot from Matt!*
Final decision: The recipe is a keeper


Presto Chicken

Ingredients

1 cup Italian-like dressing (oil/vinegar based)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
4 sheets aluminum foil
chopped tomatoes
chopped olives

Place chicken and salad dressing in a large sealable bag, marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven at 350.
Place chicken in the center of foil and top with tomatoes and olives. Close the foil tightly with space around the chicken.
Bake for 35 minutes.

Serves 4

2 comments:

  1. We have been trying to perfect smashed cauliflower as well, and most times find it quite bland. We found lots of flavor by using the steamer, and steaming it in rosemary. We use the food processor and add a little bit of plain chobani (we put that in everything these days!), a touch of salt & pepper and a little bit of shredded cheese. Then when it's all blended we put it in a caserole dish, sprinkle some grated romano over it & bake it for about 10 - 15 minutes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious Sarah! I like the idea of putting them in a casserole dish and baking it with the cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete