Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mexican Chicken Baked Burritos

Thursday night I grabbed a recipe from my "Stress-Free Weekday Meals" class that I took a couple of years ago, Mexican Chicken Baked Burritos. It's so easy that I'm sure you don't need a recipe but I love having a reminder for oven temps and amounts.

The picture isn't the greatest but I couldn't find my camera and had to resort to using my iPhone.

You can't see all the delicious goodies that were in the whole wheat tortilla burrito but believe me it was bursting (and messy)!

Lauren's review: Probably don't need a recipe for burritos but I'll keep it as a reference.
Matt's review: This is good!
Final decision: It's going back into my recipe box.

Mexican Chicken Burritos

Ingredients

1 package of burrito wraps
1 large jar of salsa
1 bag of shredded mexican cheese
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
canned jalapenos (optional)
2 c. sliced grilled chicken
pre-chopped bag of lettuce
olive oil nonstick spray

Preheat oven at 400. In a bowl add the black beans and half of the salsa. Mix. Season with salt and pepper. Lay out the wrap and add a couple tablespoons of the mixture. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and more salsa. Place some lettuce on top and jalapenos (optional). Fold ends in and roll. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil spray. Spray burrito. Bake for 10 minutes.

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment