Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back on Track

Today was the first day in over a week that all my meals have been home cooked and I was able to get back into my gym routine! Hooray for routine!

It was another lazy morning which started with a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest with half skim milk and half 1/2 & 1/2. Another problem with not being home, running out of milk.


For lunch I brought a salad. Half of my salad went into a Joseph's tortilla to make a sandwich. I also had some potato chips, double what you see here I snacked on some chips while I made my lunch. My salad was a lot of scraps that are left in my fridge:
lettuce
2 oz chicken breast
pear
sweet & spicy pecans from Trader Joe's
blue cheese
carrots
leftover roasted sweet potatoes and tomatoes from last night's dinner
balsamic vinegar

It was edible and some bites tasted good but I wouldn't recommend this particular combination.

The half of the salad that went into the wrap was accompanied by a delicious blue cheese herb mustard from Stonewall Kitchen. It was a great addition to the sandwich.

I finally got back into my workout routine today!! Hooray! This afternoon I completed an upper body workout:

bench chest press with 30lbs per side, 4 sets of 6
declined bench chest press with 20lb dumbbells, 4 sets of 6
assisted pull-ups, 4 sets of 6
bent over rows with a curved bar and 12.5lbs per side, 4 sets of 6
bicep curls with 12lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 8
21's with 8lb dumbbells, 3 sets

After the workout I had a Horizon chocolate milk and half of an organic plout (the other half was over ripe).

The snack was good but it didn't keep my hunger at bay for long! By the time I got home my body was exhausted and I just didn't have the energy to make the dinner I had originally planned. I decided that Matt and I were going to have veggie burgers for dinner. They're easy and quick! My burger was two veggie patties on an Arnold whole wheat deli thin with one slice of american cheese with a squirt of ketchup, mustard and some hot sauce. The total calorie count for my burger was about 400 calories with 29g of protein and 11g of fiber. It was delicious, nutritious and totally filling.

As a side to the burger we had roasted vegetables:
1 head of cauliflower
2 small beets
2 small potatoes
Cut into small cubes then drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with pepper, grey salt and garlic powder. Roasted at 375 for about 25 minutes.

I probably could have used less salt but they still tasted great and it looked so pretty!

Tonight was the pilot episode for V and my husband was so excited! We watched it as soon as it was recorded on our TiVo. While we watched the episode we slowly savored and enjoyed a bowl of the pumpkin ice cream.
I apparently love all things pumpkin!

As I write this blog post I am catching up on Top Chef and enjoying a glass of Curious Beagle Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a great wine that our downstairs City Convenience carries. It's full of jammy flavors and is a medium bodied wine. I'm so glad our selection downstairs is pretty good. It's so convenient when I am craving one glass of wine!

Back to trying to catch up with Top Chef. Did anyone else watch the pilot episode of V? If so, what did you think? I thought it was much better than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment