Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Rest of Our Visit


Friday and Saturday have been a blur of food and family. Friday Matt took me to the ER so that I could get some medicine for my cough that wouldn't go away! I hadn't been able to get a good night sleep (and neither had Matt) since the cough had started and we didn't want to risk me being sick on our vacation. With the H1N1 they make anyone with potential symptoms wear a mask. Lucky me! Didn't I look hot?!



I was diagnosed with bronchitis and was sent home with two prescriptions. I'm finally on the road to recovery and was able to get in some good sleep!!!

Shortly after we got back to the house we had to say good bye to my sister-in-law and her husband. They had a flight back to Chicago to catch! Later that night some of our friends came over to my in-laws house and we all played Wii and snacked on some appetizers and cookies from Thanksgiving.

Today I managed to get some work done in between naps and food breaks. Now we're back home just in time for bed.

I'm feeling better so tomorrow I should be back on track with the goals, cooking at home and taking pictures.

Below is some of the food that I ate over the last two days!

Friday's Breakfast: Pumpkin pancakes and Canadian bacon


Friday's Lunch: Leftover sandwich with a side of sweet potato casserole and mashed potatoes with gravy


Friday's Dinner: Chicken soup and salad


Friday's Dessert: one of my sweet potato oatmeal raisin cookies and a turtle bar


Saturday's Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon and my lemon poppy seed muffin


Saturday's lunch: a medley of apples, veggie crackers and laughing cow cheese


Saturday's Dinner: Front Porch Restaurant in Ogunquit. Matt and I shared a chop salad to start.


For dinner we split a steak with green peppercorn butter and parmesan fries and a side of mushroom risotto. Everything was DELICIOUS! The picture doesn't do the meal justice.

To counteract the "effects" of the antibiotics that I'm on I have been eating a container of yogurt as often as I can. I prefer all natural greek yogurt but the grocery store in Wells didn't have any. This was the best yogurt that I could get. I figured the probiotics should help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment