Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sleep Deprived


The last couple of days I've felt like a walking zoombie. I've had this cough that won't go away and has been keeping me awake ALL night long. Needless to say it's been a couple days of "fast food" and exhausting gym sessions.

Let's go back to Monday. I started out my day by picking up a Turkey Sausage Egg White flatbread from Dunkin' Donuts. I had a big cup of tea, a big bottle of water (I need my fluids!) and vitamins!

For lunch my co-worker and I took a walk down the street to Mariposa Bakery. We decided to share a curry, apple and currant chicken salad sandwich on sprouted whole wheat bread. I had a bag of baked Ruffles back at my desk which rounded out my meal.

After work Matt and I went to the gym for an upper body strength training and HIIT session. We had just enough time to get home, walk Bailey and take showers before we had to head to the airport to pick up my sister-in-law and her husband! The holidays, getting families together for centuries! They love French food so we decided to take them to Gaslight in the South End.

For an appetizer I got a bowl of pumpkin soup and split a beet salad with Matt.


For dinner Matt and I split the rotisserie chicken. I really appreciate it when restaurants split the the entree before bringing it to the table! It makes it so much easier when I don't have to fork fight Matt over dinner! Our dinner was delicious! I was full from my appetizers but I managed to eat almost all of my chicken and some of the tasty fries!

When we got home Matt "forgot" that I'm not drinking during the week and poured me a glass of wine. I rationalized the wine consumption by stating that the antioxidants and vitamins may help my cough! Eh! I failed that goal for the day.

Monday's Goal Recap
Go to the gym
Drink 8 glasses of water
No alcohol - Failed
Get 7 hours of sleep - Failed but only because of my cough! I tried real hard to get more than 2 hours of sleep!
Consume no more than 1550 calories

After getting only two hours of sleep again I HAD to go to work! Damn! When I got to work I made banana oats with 1/3 c oatmeal, 1/2 banana, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 c water, 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a tablespoon of milk. It was good and filling.

The oatmeal kept me full until 11:30. It was a super busy day so I only had time to run across the street to our cafeteria to grab lunch. I got my cafeteria reliable, a slice of pizza, a raspberry lime soda water and a big salad that included:
spinach
tuna
chickpeas
kidney beans
red pepper
tomato
feta
carrots
sunflower seeds
balsamic vinegar

After work I went to the gym and completed my lower body, tricep and ab session. When I got home I was starving. I reheated some leftover roast beef from my dad's birthday dinner and mashed up some delicata squash with walnuts, a little brown sugar and maple syrup. After cutting off most of the fat that you see I ended up with about 3 ounces of meat which was perfect!

Now I'm off to bed. Hoping that the grape candy flavored super cough medicine and the half of a sleeping pill will get me through my seven hours of sleep.

Tuesday's Goal Recap
Go to the gym
Drink 8 glasses of water
No alcohol
Get 7 hours of sleep - Failed again because of my cough!
Consume no more than 1550 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment