Monday, November 16, 2009

Longest work day of my life


Today was day 1 of 3 of the most painful work training. We had a vendor come in to train us on a software system that one of our departments use. This means that I'll be eating mostly cafeteria catering food until Wednesday. Not only did I have to sit through an all day training but I also had an 8AM meeting prior to the training. In order to prepare myself for a full day of brain power I made myself a bowl of banana oats to go. Today's banana oats consisted of:

1/2 cup oats
1 small banana
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons peanut butter

I apparently was in such a hurry this morning that I forgot to take a picture but it looked a lot like last Wednesday's breakfast:

The oatmeal kept me full until lunch arrived at our training. On my lunch plate I had:
A ham sandwich that had provolone, pickles, hot peppers and lettuce on an onion roll
A vegetarian sandwich that I took out of the wrap
A bag of Baked Ruffles
A diet Coke in hopes that the caffeine would propel me through the rest of the day!

I also shared an oat, cranberry and white chocolate chip cookie with a classmate.

In the afternoon I remembered I had brought a Mango Coconut SoyJoy bar with me for an afternoon snack. It's the first time I had ever tried SoyJoy. I appreciate their ingredients all natural, soy and fruit. I also enjoy their nutrition label with only 140 calories, 4g protein, 3g fiber and 11g sugar it's really a great snack, in theory. The problem is that it isn't very tasty.

After my training I went back to my office so that I could meet up with Matt and go to the gym. After my strength training session I had a yogurt. It was another first for me. Rachel's Vanilla Chai yogurt. It was very tasty and I loved how creamy it was! Again the ingredients and nutrition information are great!

When I got home I made an everything but the kitchen sink dinner. Pretty much anything that was in the fridge got mixed into my whole wheat pasta. It ended up including:

1/2 cup Barilla roasted garlic tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1 tablespoon of Frank's hot sauce
1/2 cup of sauteed peas with 1/8 cup of chopped pepperoni and a 1/4 of a red onion
2 small chicken breasts
Topped with part-skim shredded mozzarella

Looking at the ingredients all typed up I'm pretty embarrassed but it actually turned out surprisingly delicious!


As I type this I'm enjoying my dessert! A glass (or two) of Ravens Wood cabernet sauvignon. It's pretty good considering we get it from our City Convenience in our building. It's not a complex wine. The flavor is pretty front loaded, meaning that the flavor hits you pretty quickly but then falls off quickly with little finish. It's a medium bodied wine.... I'm trying to brush up on my wine terminology so bear with me.

I'm off to watch Monday Night Football. I'm rooting against the Baltimore Ravens because it may allow me to win my fantasy football match up this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment