Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily Goals

I was so tired last night after a great dinner with friend's that I had to postpone my post. I will post yesterday's food entry later tonight.

In the absence of my food entry, I wanted to share my health, exercise and nutrition goals. My food goals are loosely based off of the Abs Diet. The Abs Diet focuses on eating every two hours to keep your metabolism going and 12 super foods:

1. Almonds and other nuts
2. Beans and other legumes
3. Spinach and other green vegetables
4. Dairy products (fat-free or low-fat)
5. Instant oatmeal (unsweetened & unflavored)
6. Eggs
7. Turkey and other lean meats
8. Peanut Butter (all natural & sugar-free)
9. Olive Oil
10. Whole grain breads and Cereals
11. Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder
12. Raspberries and other berries

My personal goal is to try to incorporate at least two of the super foods per meal and to eat as close to every two hours as possible. I also try to consume around 1600 calories a day.

The Abs Diet doesn't focus on calorie counting, instead focusing on healthy portion sizes. The idea being that if you're eating mostly these superfoods and as frequently as the plan suggests than your metabolism should be charged. Allowing you to not be so calorie counting obsessed. The diet also believes in one splurge meal a week which I appreciate and find mentally healthy!

My fitness goal is to have three whole-body strength training sessions and three 20-minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) sessions a week. I alternate my sessions which allows my muscles the chance to recover. The HIIT is supposed to supercharge your metabolism for 36 hours after the session. However, you have to make sure that you are working hard to deplete your body of it's energy reserves making way for fat burn.

I'll write more later but it's time for my mid-morning snack! Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment