Monday, October 26, 2009

Michigan Monday

I left my house this morning at 7AM for the airport. After a speedy check-in I went to Starbucks to get my breakfast. I ordered their Perfect Oatmeal and a grande non-fat pumpkin spice latte. I love and appreciate that they put the calorie count for each pouch of "add-ins" right on the package. I decided that I didn't need all the additional calories so I put half of all the packets into my oatmeal. It was perfect! I also decided to save the other half of the dried fruit and nuts for my afternoon snack.
When I landed in Detroit I stopped to get a bottle of water. Then I had my snack in my awful rental car:
Airplane package of pretzels
Half of the dried fruit from breakfast
Half of the nuts from breakfast
16oz of water
150 calories and the perfect snack!

For lunch I had a garlic buttery roll and a delicious salad with a scoop of tuna fish salad on top. The salad had so many antioxidants and was so flavorful:
Spinach
Dried cranberries
Blue cheese
Walnuts
Onions



After the two hour drive from the Detroit area to Kalamazoo I decided I needed to hit the gym! I completed a full body strength training circuit and most of my HIIT session. The treadmills at the hotel gym do not have the easy speed training setting. I got frustrated with trying to toggle back and forth with the speed and had to stop an interval early.

I went to one of the nicest restaurants in Kalamazoo for dinner, Zazios. I started with a locally brewed brown ale. When I finally looked at the menu I noticed that all of their pasta is homemade. They also try to use as much local produce as possible which I appreciate and love supporting!


Sorry that all of these pictures aren't very good it was very dark (and red) at the restaurant bar.
For my appetizer I started with a pear and arugula salad drizzled with local honey.


Then I had homemade butternut squash ravioli with browned butter and pumpkin seeds.



The picture of the Michigan wine list is for memento sake. Matt and I stayed at one of the vineyards, Chateau Chantal, two years ago when we did an upper peninsula Michigan wine tour. I got all giddy when I saw it on their wine list and had to take a picture!



For my dessert I had a glass of Lolonis Zinfandel which is one of our favorite Zinfandels! A great wine to end my night as I caught up on my blogging!




No comments:

Post a Comment