Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saturday

Saturday morning I had a bowl of Kashi's Cinnamon Harvest cereal and an apple! I love this cereal! It's like a healthy version of frosted shredded wheat with a kick of cinnamon sugar.

We were up in New Hampshire celebrating my mom's birthday so Matt, my sister and I ran out to the store during the day. After our shopping trip we stopped at Jon's Roast Beef & Deli for lunch. My sister and I shared a large whole wheat wrap with tuna salad, lettuce, tomatoes, hot peppers and swiss cheese with the smallest bag of chips. It was late in the day and we were going to be eating an early dinner so it was the perfect sized, tasty meal to hold me over.

We went out to a Swiss restaurant, the William Tell Inn, to celebrate my mom's birthday dinner. The restaurant had a special menu to celebrate Oktoberfest. We started with beignets au fromage, fried swiss cheese balls in tomato sauce.

I also had their Oktoberfest beer, Julius Echter Hefe-Weiss. It was a great hefeweizen that complimented my entire meal.

The appetizer was followed by the house salad.

Matt and I shared the special wiener schnitzel that came with red cabbage and spitzel.

For dessert I had a coffee, apple strudel and a bite of my sister's snowball, vanilla ice cream encrusted in toasted coconut and covered with toblerone chocolate sauce. It was definitely my favorite course!
After dinner my mom, both of my sister's and I went to Morbid Mountain at Gunstock. It was a lot of fun but freezing! I think I burned off all of my dinner calories from all the laughing and shivering!

No comments:

Post a Comment