Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tuesday

I picked up some new oats over the weekend so I had to try it out Tuesday morning! I had a half cup of oats with blueberries, ground flax seed, a teaspoon of milk and honey. It was satisfying and it filled me up until lunch!
For lunch I had a handful of potato chips and a salad with:Spinach
2 ounces sliced chicken breast
Blue cheese
Banana peppers
Cauliflower
Red pepper
Balsamic vinegar
The afternoon flew by at work and before I knew it I had to run to the gym for my 20 minute HIIT. I ran 5 minutes at 5mph and then the 30 second sprints were at 8.5mph with my incline set at 1. I was still having a bit of difficulty breathing from my cold but I pushed through the training session. After my HIIT I took the fastest shower and ran to the bus stop to get to the Back Bay so that I could meet my friends at Cuffs. By the time I got there they had already ordered a bottle of Malbec for us all to share. The wine was very good! Full bodied and full of berry flavor! I had a glass and then realized that I was starving so the wine was affecting me faster than normal. I quickly finished a glass of water to try to rehydrate myself.

After drinks at Cuffs, Matt met up with us at Scampo for dinner. By the time I got to Scampo I was starving. So I was very excited when they put down breadsticks with a chickpea, basil and pine nut dip. I dug right into the dip while perusing the menu.


After munching on the breadsticks we ordered a mozzarella, tomato and basil salad to share.

Then I ordered naan and roasted garlic from their bread menu. Apparently, “garlic” referred to garlic bread and we ended up with double the delicious carbs! Of course we had to try both since they were there!

For my entrée I shared the chickpea flour pasta with roasted butternut squash and brussels sprout leaves with my friend. To accompany dinner we had another glass of Malbec. Everything was wonderful!

Matt had the brick pressed chicken. He was nice enough to share a bite. It was so flavorful and moist, again perfection!


This was our view from our seats at the mozzarella bar. Great food, great company, great fun!

Question of the day:
Do you do High Intensity Interval Training? If yes, how do you typically do this workout?

2 comments:

  1. Great post!

    I have done intervals for running, biking and swimming. I think intervals and tempo workouts are such an effective tool for getting faster and better. Do you do most of your intervals indoors at the gym? If so do you mainly use a treadmill or do you use an elliptical as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mainly use the treadmill. I'm hoping to start running outside for my HIIT soon! I'm going to try swimming this week too!

    ReplyDelete