Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Wednesday

My day started out with a big glass of water and a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, ground flaxseed and peanut butter.

For lunch I had a salad with red leaf lettuce, cauliflower, banana peppers, sliced chicken breast, blue cheese and balsamic. I also had a small bowl of Sea Salt Popcorn from our new favorite popcorn company, Popcorn, Indiana. It was so filling, tasty and low in calories!

My pre-workout snack consisted of a plum and a vanilla greek yogurt from Brown Cow. I picked up the Brown Cow yogurt last week on sale in the grocery store and I'm glad I did. I think it's my new favorite yogurt! The vanilla isn't too high in sugar and it tastes great!
After work Matt and I went over to our friend's house for our annual pumpkin carving event. They made us a delicious turkey chili with little corn bread muffins! We also brought over our new favorite beer, Bud Light Golden Wheat. It was a perfect dinner!

After dinner we all picked our pumpkins and our patterns and started carving! The pumpkins turned out great but we were unable to get a good action shot of them all. Below is my friend's pumpkin and then mine follows.



After attempting to take pictures of the pumpkins in the dark we had homemade apple crisp for dessert. It was the perfect fall night for the festivities.

We came home to our bi-weekly Boston Organics order! We got a beautiful head of lettuce, an acorn squash, cauliflower, bananas, pears, apples, kiwis, pluots, potatoes, onion and beets.


Question of the day: How do you carve your pumpkins? Do you get fancy with the pattern books or do you go with the nostalgic carving of a pumpkin face?

No comments:

Post a Comment