Monday, October 19, 2009

Book Club Monday

Unfortunately it was back to work this morning. I started out with my standard Matt breakfast. One egg and one egg white with a slice of wheat toast. I added a little something extra this morning with a multi-vitamin and a big glass of water.

My lunch was my standard wrap and a handful of kettle cooked chips:
2 ounces sliced chicken breast
spinach
banana peppers
blue cheese crumbles
balsamic vinegar

I finally got back to the gym today! I was able to complete my full body strength training workout! I think I was able to sweat out the rest of my cold! Good bye cold!! After my workout I was able to grab a cheese stick and a HUGE apple before a very long meeting. Unfortunately the large apple was mealy and I only finished about half before I gave up on it.

After the meeting I walked a mile to Eastern Standard Kitchen with my co-worker for our book club. It was a nice afternoon for a walk along the Charles! It was my first time at Eastern Standard. I thought it was a great restaurant! The bartender made me a pretty pink martini with Absolut Boston, Campari and lemon bitters. It was amazing! We got the flatbread with sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and goat cheese, the charcuterie plate and an order of french fries to share. The picture of the flatbread is what was left after we all grabbed a slice. Sorry it's so bare and blurry! I also had a glass of Pinot Grigio while we finished discussing The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. The book was great, the food was delicious and the company is always so much fun! Another memorable book club!


When I got home Matt hadn't had dinner yet so I had a salad while he ate dinner. Once last chance to get some vegetables. I put a little of everything that was in the fridge into my salad:
steamed organic cauliflower
spinach
red pepper
organic carrots
organic pear slivers
sesame seeds
flax seed
balsamic vinegar

Lastly, I ended my night with a little dessert smoothie. It's our standard protein shake:
chocolate whey protein
frozen strawberries, blueberries and banana
non-fat milk
chobani yogurt
peanut butter
ground flax seed

Question of the day: I've seen so many articles regarding stretching. "It's only beneficial if you stretch before", "It's only beneficial if you stretch after" or " stretching isn't beneficial at all". Along the same lines how long you should hold a stretch for. To be on the safe side and to cover all my bases I stretch before and after for 15 seconds per stretch. So what do you do when you exercise?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to stretch post running. And then I got really lazy. Now, I rarely, if ever stretch. The only benefit I see to it is being more flexible. I don't notice any difference in exercise performance from stretching. Maybe I should stretch more, and when I do I do it after exercising while muscles are warm and hold for about 20-30 secs.

    ReplyDelete