Sunday, October 18, 2009

Friday

I decided to work from home on Friday because I was still feeling sick. So I made myself scrambled eggs with one whole egg and one egg white, a slice of wheat toast with Brummel & Brown yogurt spread and a glass of apple cider.
For lunch I had low-fat Panera chicken tortilla soup with a scoop of fat-free Chobani plain yogurt. After I ate my soup I had a packet of raisin and currant fruit biscuit. I grew up eating these biscuits with tea when I wasn't feeling well. It was a very nostalgic lunch.


We were going up to New Hampshire after Matt got out of work so I tried to eat a substantial afternoon snack to hold me over until dinner. I had a piece of whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, a teaspoon of honey and a dash (or two) of cinnamon along with an organic plum.

My snack was good but Matt got held up at work and we left late. We resorted to sharing my favorite fall treat, a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts. When we got to my parent's house my dad had dinner waiting for us. His famous smoked ribs and chicken with his homemade BBQ sauce with salad and garlic bread. Heaven on a plate! It's a start to a good (not healthy) food weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment