Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thank Goodness for HIIT Thursday

Looking back on the day I am very grateful that today was a HIIT day! My day was a day of vices! However it started out well with a well balanced breakfast of grapes and whole wheat english muffin with Teddy's peanut butter and a little bit of honey. I also had a big mug of Earl Grey tea hoping that the caffeine would kick in as soon as possible!

For lunch I went out with some co-workers to Harvard Square. It was such a beautiful day and probably the last for awhile so we decided to make lunch an event! Our first stop was Oggi's Gourmet for pizza! I LOVE PIZZA! We had never been to Oggi's so we weren't sure on the size of a slice so I ordered two. I got a slice of the tomato and basil pizza and one slice of the daily special, Kung Fu Pig. I had heard about their crust through a couple of different sources, i.e. Phantom Gourmet and Yelp, and I was not disappointed! Their pizza was fantastic! However I took the sausage off of my Kung Fu Pig slice. I'm not a huge fan of sausage on pizza.

After Oggi's we walked over to Lizzy's for ice cream. I had read that Lizzy's had the best pumpkin pie frozen yogurt and had to taste it for myself. Unfortunately, or fortunately, it turned out that it's really ice cream and not frozen yogurt. Oh well, I still had to try it! It was heavenly! The pumpkin wasn't overwhelming and there was a great balance of spices with the super creamy vanilla ice cream.

After our great lunch expedition it was back to work. I was so full from lunch that I didn't need my typical afternoon snack. Instead I worked through the rest of the day and was excited to go to the gym at 5:30! I was ready to run off some of lunch!
After the gym Matt and I went home. After taking Bailey on a little walk I made dinner. I was exhausted so dinner was simple. Chicken over roasted, smashed butternut squash and a side salad. My co-worker told me earlier in the week how she makes her squash so I thought I would give it a try. I think it came out great. I cut the squash into eight pieces and scooped out the seeds. Then I put a little bit of water at the bottom of a pan, placed the squash on the pan, sprinkled the squash with olive oil, grey salt and pepper. The put in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. The squash was so easy to scoop out of the skin after it was in the oven. So much easier than the way I normally make it, "peeling" pre-boiling!

After dinner Matt and I just relaxed on the couch and caught up on our TiVo!

My friend noticed something interesting about the Lizzy Cow. Does anyone else think that the cow looks very phallic?

No comments:

Post a Comment